Friday 16 August 2013

Brockville, ON to Cornwall, ON


Day 53 Brockville, ON to Cornwall, ON

Distance 114km

Saddle time 4:14

Avg speed 26.6

Max speed 45.3

Total ascent 348m

Total descent 392m

 

Another beautiful riding day along the St. Lawrence River.  We left Brockville just before 8 and we were already treated to goodies at 10km when one of the riders’ parents set up a stand for us outside their house with boiled eggs, tea and homemade cinnamon buns.  Delicious!  By 47km there was more churches, this time with cookies.  Some of the riders decided to do a time trial from here (a race), but Malori and I wanted to continue our perfect pace, so we just cheered as they zoomed past us.  Part way to Cornwall, there was an option to take a scenic parkway over some islands, so Malori and I decided to head that way and enjoy the scenery while Kaitlyn and Katie (the two members of Blue Rodeo who had raced and therefore were more tired) decided to continue on the regular route.  Otherwise, not too much else to report.  I’m well on track to making my 10,000 (if I ride all the remaining miles until I leave for Jenn’s wedding, I will be at 10,050!!!) and things are going well!  I can’t believe this is almost over, I will be very sad to go!!!

Along the St. Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment